2024 Spring Softball Divisions and Registration Fees
Below are the softball divisions for the Spring of 2024, the registration fee, and the birth years for each division.
5U - Tee Ball ($125): 2019, 2018
This division is geared toward beginners as an introduction to the game. It will predominantly be made up of girls born in 2019 and will focus on the basics.
6U - Beginning Coach Pitch ($125): 2018, 2017
In this division, we introduce coach pitching, still utilizing the tee after three swing-and-misses. We also introduce other aspects of the game, such as leaving the base when out, taking a second base on outfield hits, etc.
8U - Coach Pitch ($135): 2016, 2015
In 8U, we begin to keep score and outs and bump up to an 11" softball. These games are played quickly and offer an exciting brand of softball.
10U - Modified Kid Pitch ($145): 2014, 2013
We introduce kid pitchers in 10U, utilizing coach pitchers after three balls are thrown. The difficulty ticks up a notch with kid pitching and stealing.
12U - Kid Pitch ($145): 2012, 2011
Welcome to real softball. A 12" ball is used and the youth modifications are removed from the rules.
14U - Kid Pitch ($145): 2010, 2009
Same as 12U, except the pitchers move back a little more (43’). Depending on number of teams, we may partner with Frisco for games.
2024 Spring Softball Dates
Note: We could wrap up the regular season sooner in 8U-12U and begin the tournament prior to May 13. We may also utilize the week of May 20 to conclude the tournament. It all depends on the weather. The goal is to have all divisions wrapped up before Memorial Day weekend.
- Nov 27: Registration Opens
- Jan 21: Registration Ends
- Jan 27-28: Softball Assessments (8U+)
- Jan 29-Feb 4: Team Formation
- Feb 11: Practices Start
- Feb 24: Games Start
- Mar 9-16: Spring Break (no games)
- Mar 30: Easter Weekend (no games)
- May 11: End of Regular Season (weather dependent)
- May 13-18: Post Season Tournament (8U+)
Games and Practices
Practice day and times are selected by coaches, but generally, our 5U/6U divisions will practice around 5:00 pm, 8U around 6:00 pm, 10U around 7:00 pm, and 12U/14U around 8:00 pm, give or take 30 minutes.
For games, 5U/6U will play mostly on Saturdays, with one or two weeknight games (day of week will vary). 8U-12U will play a mix of weeknights and Saturday, aiming for a 50-50 split. Weeknight games will be Monday for 12U, Tuesday for 8U, and a mix of both for 10U.
Players are responsible for providing their own equipment, as follows:
- Bat - tee ball bats are fine for 5U and 6U; 8U and up must use USA/ASA or USSSA certified fastpitch bats; bat buying guide
- Helmet with Facemask - the facemask is a requirement
- Rubber/molded Cleats - no metal
- Fielding Masks - these are strongly encouraged, as the ball size compared to glove size in softball leads to a lot of deflections off the face; fielding masks (or helmets w/ facemask) are required to be worn by the pitcher in all divisions
- Equipment Bag - Batpacks are the most popular
- Uniforms - will be designed by your coaches and the cost will be added to your account for payment (some teams may choose to keep uniforms from last season)
- Pants, Socks, and Belts - Colors will be chosen by your coach; we encourage all coaches to choose black pants, as that is what our all-star teams will wear
If interested in purchasing balls to practice with at home, 5U and 6U use the 10" ball, 8U and 10U use the 11" ball, and 12U and 14U use the 12" ball.
2023 Fall Softball Tournament
The 8U - 12U end of season tournament will take place October 28 - November 8. The bracket will be updated as opponents are known.
Download Bracket (Updated 11/9/2023)
Download By Day (Updated 11/9/2023)
Make sure to review the Local Rulebook (Softball starts on Page 14):
PBSA Operating Rules