2023 Fall Softball Assessments - Saturday, July 29
Fall assessments are for players in 8U-12U that did not assess in the spring, which includes girls that were not registered in the spring, girls that could not make spring assessments, and players requesting to play up a division. Assessments allow us to help balance teams, fulfill requests to play up, and fulfill requests to play with friends or on specific teams. Returning players that do not assess will count as a high draft pick for their team. Free agents that do not assess will enter a blind draft and be randomly assigned to teams. Please see below for information regarding assessments.
Saturday, July 29, 2023 at Frontier Park (Field 8 and MP1)
- 8U - 12U: 9:00 am - 12:00 am
Additional Assessment Information
2023 Fall Softball Divisions and Registration Fees
Below are the softball divisions for the Fall of 2023, the registration fee, and the birth years for each division. Note: the registration fee DOES NOT include the uniform. This fee will be added mid-season to the account for players that order a new uniform.
5U - Tee Ball ($100): 2018, 2017
This division is geared toward beginners as an introduction to the game. It will predominantly be made up of girls born in 2018 and will focus on the basics.
6U - Beginning Coach Pitch ($100): 2017, 2016
In this division, we introduce coach pitching, still utilizing the tee after three swing-and-misses. We also introduce other aspects of the game, such as leaving the base when out, taking a second base on outfield hits, etc.
8U - Coach Pitch ($110): 2015, 2014
In 8U, we begin to keep score and outs and bump up to an 11" softball. These games are played quickly and offer an exciting brand of softball.
10U - Modified Kid Pitch ($120): 2013, 2012
We introduce kid pitchers in 10U, utilizing coach pitchers after three balls are thrown. The difficulty ticks up a notch with kid pitching and stealing.
12U - Kid Pitch ($120): 2011, 2010
Welcome to real softball. A 12" ball is used and the youth modifications are removed from the rules.
14U - Kid Pitch ($120): 2009, 2008
Same as 12U, except the pitchers move back a little more (43’). Depending on number of teams, we may partner with Frisco for games.
2023 Fall Softball Dates
Registration for the Fall season runs from June 4 through July 21. Below are other important dates for the fall softball season (dates subject to change):
- Jun 4: Registration Opens
- Jul 21: Registration Ends
- Jul 29: Softball Assessments (8U+)
- Jul 30-Aug 2: Team Formation
- Aug 13: Practices Start
- Aug 26: Games Start
- Sep 2-4: Labor Day Weekend (no games)
- Oct 5-9: Fall Break (no games)
- Oct 28 or Nov 4: End of Regular Season (weather dependent)
- Oct 30-Nov 4 or Nov 6-11: Post Season Tournament (8U+)
Games and Practices
Practice day and times are selected by coaches, but generally, our 5U/6U divisions will practice around 5:00 pm, 8U around 6:00 pm, 10U around 7:00 pm, and 12U/14U around 8:00 pm, give or take 30 minutes.
For games, 5U/6U will play mostly on Saturdays, with one or two weeknight games (day of week will vary). 8U-12U will play a mix of weeknights and Saturday, aiming for a 50-50 split. Weeknight games will be Monday for 12U, Tuesday for 8U, and a mix of both for 10U.
Players are responsible for providing their own equipment, as follows:
- Bat - tee ball bats are fine for 5U and 6U; 8U and up must use USA/ASA or USSSA certified fastpitch bats; bat buying guide
- Helmet with Facemask - the facemask is a requirement
- Rubber/molded Cleats - no metal
- Fielding Masks - these are strongly encouraged, as the ball size compared to glove size in softball leads to a lot of deflections off the face; fielding masks (or helmets w/ facemask) are required to be worn by the pitcher in all divisions
- Equipment Bag - Batpacks are the most popular
- Uniforms - will be designed by your coaches and the cost will be added to your account for payment (some teams may choose to keep uniforms from last season)
- Pants, Socks, and Belts - Colors will be chosen by your coach; we encourage all coaches to choose black pants, as that is what our all-star teams will wear
If interested in purchasing balls to practice with at home, 5U and 6U use the 10" ball, 8U and 10U use the 11" ball, and 12U and 14U use the 12" ball.
Dick's Sporting Goods 20% Shopping Day Coupon
2023 Spring Softball Tournament
The 8U - 12U end of season tournament will take place May 13 - May 20, weather permitting. The bracket will be updated as opponents are known.
Download Bracket (Updated 5/21/2023)
Download By Day (Updated 5/18/2023)
Make sure to review the Local Rulebook (Softball starts on Page 14):
PBSA Operating Rules